Video or Audio?

Post suggestions on how to make this forum a better place. Request new forums to be added under the various categories.
GregV
Backyard Beekeeper

Video or Audio?

Postby GregV » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:52 pm

Solomon wrote:.... I'm a creator. I have a backlog of about 30 hours of video that needs to be edited and posted right now.

While nothing wrong with the video lectures, PLEASE keep cranking those audio podcasts.
Those are awesome.
I am a huge fan and maybe even would like to participate one day.

For myself here (and many others, I am sure of it) audio format is much more useful because I can listen to the podcasts on my way to work and back, OR while working in garage/garden/apiary. Right now and for the next few weeks/months, I really have no time to sit and watch videos. ;)
Surely, the similar situation resonates with many others as well.

To me personally, videos are of value when you show some real hands-on activity.
A good example - a live cut-out project or making a live split; that is really fun and useful to watch.
Or a video of how you make frames is also cool.

When it comes down to video lectures, I am less of a fan.
More often then not, the same lecture can be done in a audio format with very little to lose if anything.
When there are no valuable and unique visuals included into the lecture, there is no little additional value in the video lecture anymore (compared to audio).
Just my opinion.
Thanks for reading.

SiWolKe
Backyard Beekeeper

Re: Video or Audio?

Postby SiWolKe » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:07 pm

Please do videos, Solomon.
It´s hard for me to understand the speech if I cannot read lips and expression, being not a native speaker.

You speak very well. Not so fast, good to understand.

After our little exchange this morning I watched a recent speaking on u-tube and was fascinated. Thanks.
Civility is strength. http://www.VivaBiene.de

GregV
Backyard Beekeeper

Re: Video or Audio?

Postby GregV » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:29 pm

SiWolKe wrote:Please do videos, Solomon.
It´s hard for me to understand the speech if I cannot read lips and expression, being not a native speaker.

You speak very well. Not so fast, good to understand.

After our little exchange this morning I watched a recent speaking on u-tube and was fascinated. Thanks.

Basically, I was concerned SP might do away with audio in favor of video.
Both - is an OK answer. Need both.

Return to “Forum Feedback and Requests”