Morphic Resonance

Discussions of honeybee genetics, epigenetics, hygiene related genetics, breeding, etc.
TFNZ
Freshman Beekeeper

Morphic Resonance

Postby TFNZ » Sun May 24, 2015 9:14 pm

Just wondering if anyone has heard of this, have listened to some great talks by Rupert Sheldrake. Just wondering how this may involve the bees and their progress with some of the modern pressure they are under? Just search "Rupert Sheldrake Morphic Resonance". It just got me thinking :idea:

Nate K
Freshman Beekeeper

Re: Morphic Resonance

Postby Nate K » Thu May 28, 2015 3:52 pm

I'll have to dig into this to be better qualified to respond. Thanks for the info
What's good for the beekeeper, isn't always what's best for the bees.
http://Mylibertyhomestead.com

TFNZ
Freshman Beekeeper

Postby TFNZ » Fri May 29, 2015 8:08 am

Nate K wrote:I'll have to dig into this to be better qualified to respond. Thanks for the info

Hi Nate, there is a interview on you tube Rupert Sheldrake does with Joe Rogan episode 550. It's a great talk...

Nate K
Freshman Beekeeper

Postby Nate K » Fri May 29, 2015 1:49 pm

I love Joe Rogan!

I have his podcast, definitely going to look it up.

Nate K
Freshman Beekeeper

Postby Nate K » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:07 pm

I went and dug this up. I have actually heard this before, but didn't recognize the name.
For those that don't know what it is, layman's terms would be ancestral knowledge and/or inherited intelligence.

In the podcast they show studies in completely different parts of the world, using rats whom never met or bred that show this to be working. Rats can solve a puzzle in decreasing time in differing parts of the world.
The part that gets controversial is how is this knowledge passed down. Some argue through genes and hereditary, but the studies showing rats whom never mated have increased proficiency in puzzle solving show that to be false.

The next study they did was with 1 day old chicks with an LED light yellow in color and another that was red in color. When the chick would peck the red LED they would get an injection of a sodium solution(if I remember rightly) that would make the chicks sick. When they pecked the Yellow LED they would get fed.
An increasing majority of the chicks started to stop pecking the red LED from that batch. One researcher was not happy with this evidence so they bought another round of chicks from a different hatchery with even better success that fewer and fewer would peck the light that made them sick.
So how do they know what to stop doing without communicating directly?
Do we have a non-verbal language that transcends distance and time? By the findings we would have to state yes..

I think a great example to look at with honeybees are going to be the fight against the Asian Giant hornet.
We have documented hive(s) that have figured out how to combat the hornets by balling them to death, example they same as they occasionally do to queens. Will we see this knowledge spread over Asia and into other countries? We will soon know!

waspkiller
Freshman Beekeeper

Postby waspkiller » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:47 pm

Any luck?

Return to “Honeybee Genetics”