Hello from Ohio

Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio
barbarakrecic
Freshman Beekeeper

Hello from Ohio

Postby barbarakrecic » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:39 am

About 20 minutes of suburban traffic south of the lake. I think summer will finish very quickly and we’ll have a long fall. Heard winter is going to be cold and snowy! Making sure they have enough food….want to feel very heavy hives! I am treatment free. But because of where I live and not having any forage for them I’ve been feeding them just to keep them alive. Syrup with Dadants Complete, or I mix it up..one day Honey B Healthy, another feed with Nosevit, and another with Vita Green. Then I found the complete and add that to the mix. Their last meal was the syrup and last years crystalized honey. Going to move them this weekend to a better location and expect to see wonders next year! I don’t know how big city bees can do it!

lharder
Hobbyist

Re: Hello from Ohio

Postby lharder » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:45 pm

I live in the city and the country folks are a bit envious of our nectar flows. The city beekeepers consistently outproduce the country ones. That said, I have a new country site and the nucs I moved there are bringing in more this time of year than my city bees.

Return to “Great Lakes Region”