TFB episode 36

News and info related to the Treatment-Free Beekeeping Pocast, hosted by Solomon Parker
Imker Ingo
Freshman Beekeeper

TFB episode 36

Postby Imker Ingo » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:22 pm

Thank you Solomon for another excellent podcast with Dr Sharashkin on treatment free beekeeping in the Layens Hive. I think he summarised many of the principles of treatment free beekeeping very well.
He mentioned Dr Eva Crane who is probably the most famous authority on bees in the UK in the 20th Centuary. She travelled far and wide and wrote many books and papers, including texts on the history of beekeeping and bee archaeology, some are still available in print, but many out of print and expensive to buy. She studied quantum physics and maths before apiculture. She did not suffer fools gladly according to a friend of mine, who worked for and with her. After her death in 2007, the Eva Crane Trust was established, which supports bee researchers financially with projects. She founded the International Bee Research Association. More info on
How are your colonies getting on after your relocation?

Site Administrator

Re: TFB episode 36

Postby Solomon » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:13 pm

Things are going pretty well. I have captured swarms and split up to a total of 32 hives as of this point. My goal was 50 for the year, but I don't know if that will happen. Busy working on assembling boxes and frames right now.
Solomon Parker, Treatment-Free 14 years, ~24 colony baseline
Treatment-Free Beekeeping Podcast - - Treatment-Free Beekeepers Facebook Group

Freshman Beekeeper

Re: TFB episode 36

Postby brothermoo » Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:10 pm

Very interesting podcast this one... Great info to take on board for making my horizontal hives. I had planned to try some this year as I am moving house and will have more space to actually keep bees at home. But the horizontal hives with his management might be a good option for the out apiaries. Lots to think about!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “The Treatment-Free Beekeeping Podcast”