We Need Guests!

News and info related to the Treatment-Free Beekeeping Pocast, hosted by Solomon Parker
Solomon
Site Administrator

We Need Guests!

Postby Solomon » Fri May 29, 2015 2:22 pm

I'm looking for guests for the podcast. The more the better.

If you are not an experienced beekeeper, that's okay! There are a lot of people just like you who have questions but are too timid to ask. You can ask their questions and so everyone will get their questions answered. I'm an experienced beekeeper so I don't always know what questions the freshmen have.

If you are a more experienced beekeeper, come on and talk about how you keep bees, your discoveries, epiphanies, your methods.

The more episodes I get in the books, the more info that is out there for others to find and study and the better off the beekeeping world will be. Please join me. It will be just about an hour, talking on Skype or Hangouts or phone. There is no format, just talking about bees. I ask you questions, you ask me questions, whatever you want to do.
Solomon Parker, Treatment-Free 14 years, ~24 colony baseline
Treatment-Free Beekeeping Podcast - Parkerbees.com - Treatment-Free Beekeepers Facebook Group

justinross
Freshman Beekeeper

Re: We Need Guests!

Postby justinross » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:10 pm

I'm a first-year beekeeper and would be happy to be a guest. I just finished listening to all the episodes of the podcast, and am looking forward to more.

I'm not sure what questions I'd have, as I have been reading absurd amounts, but I'd be interested in chatting about my (lonely, single) hive, which is a long langstroth, my plans going forward, etc.

I could probably scrape together some questions, too. :)

lharder
Hobbyist

Postby lharder » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:26 pm

Maybe just ask some people who post some interesting stuff in your opinion. They may be too shy to think themselves podcast worthy. Also maybe try a panel approach with a few new beekeepers for instance. May get the discussion flowing and be less intimidating for some.

justinross
Freshman Beekeeper

Postby justinross » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:12 pm

I'm curious what the listernership/forum visitor crossover is like. That is, did most of the forum posters/readers end up here as a result of finding and listening to the podcast, as I did, or some other way?

There's a surprising dearth of current beekeeping podcasts, so I was really happy to find the TFB podcast. I also enjoyed the Organically-Managed Beekeeping Podcast, but it looks like that one might have just faded away. :(

Solomon
Site Administrator

Postby Solomon » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:03 am

At this point, there hasn't been a podcast episode published since the forum came to be. Pretty much everybody here came from the Facebook page. I'm editing the latest episode right now which will introduce the forum to the wider world.
Treatment-Free Beekeeping Podcast - Parkerbees.com - Treatment-Free Beekeepers Facebook Group

justinross
Freshman Beekeeper

Postby justinross » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:31 am

I mean, I found the forums via the Facebook link, which I found via the podcast.

Lots more activity on FB, but I hate the FB format for conversations of this nature. It's built for more quick, ephemeral discussions, intended to move you on to the next conversation over and over.

Solomon
Site Administrator

Postby Solomon » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:44 am

True, but a whole lot of people use it.

justinross
Freshman Beekeeper

Postby justinross » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:22 am

Oh, for sure. Forums are still kind of niche, somehow.

justinross
Freshman Beekeeper

Postby justinross » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:40 am

Thanks, again, for having me on! It was fun. I look forward to coming back once I've got some growth to report on my hive (hives, plural, by then, hopefully).

To anyone on the fence, I'd highly recommend taking an hour out of your night and being a guest on the 'cast. It was a lot of fun, and very informative. If you have questions or are otherwise confused about things, come let others share in your education. :)

luciwhit68
Freshman Beekeeper

Postby luciwhit68 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:07 pm

My husband would be a good candidate for your podcast. His first year beekeeping, he bought two nucs in April and has caught I believe five swarms. I'll send the link to him for this forum. He has listened to all your podcast and has spoken to you in other forums.

Solomon
Site Administrator

Postby Solomon » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:11 pm

Chuck, I have received your PMs but you don't seem to be receiving mine. Get a hold of me.

Return to “The Treatment-Free Beekeeping Podcast”